Reliable. Responsive. Resourceful.
AEI Consultants is an employee-owned international consulting firm that provides comprehensive services to commercial lenders, property owners, managers, tenants, and developers, industries, institutions, government agencies, and insurers, including many Fortune 500 companies. These services include environmental, property and facility assessments, zoning and energy consulting, site investigation and remediation, industrial hygiene, and construction risk management. Founded in 1992, and awarded Entrepreneur’s Top Company Cultures, AEI is based in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices across the United States.
Empowering our clients to navigate real estate and business risk.
Delivering peace of mind – one property at a time.
AEI Consultants Measures of Success
- Client satisfaction and retention
- Providing a challenging and rewarding work environment for our staff
- Maintaining the highest standard of professional integrity in every aspect of our business
AEI’s sustainability practices include the following:
- Sponsorship of Sustainable Contra Costa, an association that advocates for sustainability in the home County of our HQ
- Sponsorship of Student Conservation Association, The Canopy Project and The Ocean Cleanup project
- Sustainable practices within our offices such as
- re-usable utensils
- hybrid vehicles
- prioritizing paperless business practices and charging extra for paper copies of work product
- Annual volunteer programs supporting park clean-up and tree planting efforts across the US
- Education and internship opportunities for college students interested in environmental careers
In addition to those activities, our consulting work directly contributes to sustainability, social and economic impact as follows:
- Our consulting work supports wind and solar energy developers providing clean energy sources to our communities and cleaner air for residents.
- Our energy efficiency consulting services results in significant water and energy savings in apartment complexes and office buildings across the US resulting in cleaner air and abundant water for communities.
- Our environmental remediation work assists developers to re-use existing commercial sites rather than contributing to urban sprawl and assists revitalization efforts in cities. Our clean-up work results in cleaner environments for city residents.
- Our work assessing for the presence of lead-based paint, asbestos and mold makes buildings safer and healthier for the residents.
- Our climate risk consulting work assists building owners plan for future resiliency needs for their properties and the communities where they are located.
- Our sub-contractor network includes minority- and women-owned businesses, as well as veteran and disabled veteran-owned businesses.
AEI’s strategic plan states that our core ideology is to help clients who are responsible stewards of resources improve living conditions and quality of life for people and the environment. Our goal is to make the world a better place by helping those who influence the places we all live, work and play. We support those who are enhancing our communities through development and investment.