About AEI Consultants
AEI Consultants is an employee-owned firm providing building, environmental, land and sustainability consulting, as well as property valuation services throughout North America. These services include environmental, property and facility assessments, zoning and energy consulting, site investigation and remediation, industrial hygiene, construction risk management, valuation and more. Founded in 1992, AEI is based in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices across the United States.
With our national footprint of professionals across the US, we deliver consistency and quality across all divisions and in all regions.
AEI realizes our clients operate within short time frames and we’re built to support our client’s needs within their time constraints.
AEI’s multi-disciplinary teams excel at overcoming complex challenges and deliver for our clients.
Empowering clients to navigate real estate
and business risk.
Delivering peace of mind – one property at
Why Choose AEI?
We are structured as a client-focused company with dedicated client teams managing work nationally, and other areas across the globe. We get to know our clients, their business goals and risk tolerance, and serve as an extension of their team.
AEI’s Licensed Staff Includes:
- Professional Engineers (PE)
- Registered Architects (RA)
- Professional Geologists (PG)
- Registered Environmental Property Assessor (REPA)
- Certified Environmental Managers (CEM)
- Certified Asbestos Personnel (Inspectors/Management Planners, Designers and Supervisors)
- Lead Inspectors Certified Mold Consultants
- Radon Sampling Technicians/ Specialists
- Hazardous Substances Removal and Remedial Actions Certification
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Certified Safety Professionals (CSP)
- A – General Engineering Contractor, HAZ Hazardous Substances Removal
AEI’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
AEI is known for our cohesive company identity and culture – Together, we thrive with pride and meaning. We provide a safe, supportive and rewarding work environment that our staff is proud of – we believe if our staff is successful, our clients will be best served and our company will thrive. As an employee-owned firm, we share in the value we create.
AEI’s Commitment to Sustainability
Our core ideology is to help clients who are responsible stewards of resources improve living conditions and quality of life for people and the environment. Our goal is to make the world a better place by helping those who influence the places we all live, work and play. We support those who are enhancing our communities through development and investment.
AEI’s sustainability practices include the following:
- Sponsorship of various sustainability and conservation non-profits
- Sustainable practices within our offices
- Volunteer activities supporting park clean-up and tree planting efforts across the US
- Education and internship opportunities for college students interested in environmental careers
In addition to those activities, our consulting work directly contributes to sustainability, social and economic impact as follows:
- Our consulting work supports wind and solar energy developers providing clean
energy sources to our communities and cleaner air for residents.
- Our energy efficiency consulting services results in significant water and energy savings in apartment complexes and office buildings across the US resulting in cleaner air and abundant water for communities.
- Our environmental remediation work assists developers to re-use existing commercial sites. Our clean-up work results in cleaner environments for city residents.
- Our work assessing for the presence of lead-based paint, asbestos and mold makes buildings safer and healthier for the residents.
- Our climate risk consulting work assists building owners plan for future resiliency needs for their properties and the communities where they are located.
Entrepreneurship is in our Founder’s DNA. His grandfather was an immigrant who started a shoe repair business, and his father was also an entrepreneur. His mother, a successful real estate agent, instilled the values of responsiveness and caring deeply for her clients and their families. He was raised to value hard work, loyalty, and personal relationships.
After graduating with an engineering degree and working at a local environmental firm, he decided to strike out on his own. With a young family to support, he took the courageous step of starting All Environmental, Inc., literally in his garage, in 1992. Over the years, All Environmental, Inc., became known as AEI Consultants, and has transitioned from its roots in environmental consulting to becoming a full-service multi-disciplinary organization with over 25 offices.
Craig’s passion is going above and beyond for his clients and creating a family environment for his colleagues. His first employee, Dusty Roy, works with AEI to this day. Craig’s decision in 2014 to convert a portion of the company to an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) shows his dedication to the long-term success of all of AEI’s staff. Craig continues to serve as our Chairman and guides our vision of being a great place to work, while guiding the efforts of our CEO, COO, and CBDO for our staff of employee owners.
Learn more about the environmental and real estate consulting services we offer.
AEI has a national presence with a regional focus offering local solutions.