AEI continues to support the real estate industry while striving to ensure the safety of our employees and the personnel we interact with at the properties we are accessing. Click here to see AEI’s COVID-19 Response Services.
Below are a few options to complete our assessments, while adhering to CDC guidelines, and keep your transaction moving forward.
PRIOR to conducting a site visit, clear communication between the AEI project manager and the site contact regarding access to a property will take place. If any limitations are discovered during this conversation, they will be immediately relayed to our internal sales team and the client.
Full Site Inspection – No Limitations:
- No handshakes and use of social distancing throughout the property tour. Ideally, there are few people within the property and/or facility to allow for this.
- Requesting the site contact to open doors or other features
- Use of gloves by the assessor
- Our assessors have been educated about privacy laws and will not ask site contacts if they or anyone else at the property have tested positive for COVID-19. We may inquire in general terms, without seeking specific or personal identifying information, if suspected or confirmed COVID‐19 cases have been or are present at the property/facility.
No Site Access or Limited Site Access:
- Evaluate common areas if available.
- Observations will be made through windows and open doorways without entering off-limit spaces.
- Request site contact to assist in collecting specific interior photographs or video (FaceTime, Skype, Zoom, etc.) under the direction of the property assessor.
In ALL cases, if limitations are encountered AEI will notify our internal client manager and the client to discuss the risks associated with this limitation. For sites where we are performing Phase I Environmental Site Assessment and access limitations are encountered the client may choose to obtain a lesser scope of work with no site inspection, such as a Limited Environmental Site Assessment.
If there are any concerns or special considerations to take into account prior to having AEI conduct our site visit, please reach out to our capable teams to work through the solutions. We are here to help you.