Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac
Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac
AEI is one of the top assessment providers to:
- Fannie Mae Affordable Lenders, Delegated Underwriting and Services (DUS) Lenders, Manufactured Housing
- Lenders for Senior Housing and Small Loans
- Freddie Mac Approved Conventional, Targeted Affordable Housing Lenders, Senior Housing Lenders
- Freddie Mac Multifamily Approved Seller/Servicers
- Freddie Mac Small Balance Program Lenders
- Affiliated correspondents, investors, business partners and brokers
Both Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are continually updating their requirements and programs for assessment services, and AEI is in constant communication with each of these agencies to understand and meet these requirements.
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac lending accompany a unique set of challenges that demands 3rd party specialization, responsiveness, consistency, and very fast timeframes.
At AEI, we have assembled a well-respected and experienced team of multifamily program managers and reviewers. Together, with our nationwide platform of field professionals, we provide Agency lenders best-in-class physical risk consulting. The AEI Agency division is dedicated exclusively to Agency lenders and decision makers and operates as a specialized subset group within AEI’s overall industry-leading 3rd party reports platform.
The AEI Agency team provides you with expert physical risk and environmental Agency consulting, offering a full suite of services to Agency Lenders, including Property Condition Assessments, (PCA), Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, Seismic Risk Assessments (SRA), Green Reports, Zoning Reports, Construction Risk Reports, and ALTA Surveys.
AEI IS TRUSTED BY THE HIGHEST-VOLUME PROVIDERS OF FANNIE MAE & FREDDIE MAC FINANCING TO PERFORM:
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- Property Condition Assessments and Physical Needs Assessments
- Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan (SBL) Reports
- Seismic Risk Analysis Reports (SRA)
- Freddie Mac Green Assessment & Green Assessment Plus
- Fannie Mae High Performance Building Module
- Fannie Mae Streamlined Property Condition Assessments Reports
- Fannie Mae Multifamily Affordable Housing (MAH)
- Zoning Analysis Reports and ALTA Surveys
In terms of volume and staffing size, AEI is one of the nation’s largest service providers in this space qualified to prepare reports to the latest guidelines. In addition, AEI was selected by Fannie Mae to work directly for their Loss Mitigation Assessment team. Our professionals assess all multifamily property types from high-rise condos to rehabilitated urban properties and senior living facilities. So, whether your plan is to buy, finance or renovate a building, we have the assessment resources as well as the experience and knowledge to see it through.
AEI clients include the nation’s largest lenders, correspondents and investors. Our company is organized with practice leaders who stay up to date on each of these program requirements. Ordering is centralized around your point of contact to make ordering and obtaining information as simple as possible providing you with best of industry service.
AEI is a leader in assisting Fannie Mae lenders with our service offerings and is approved with the nation’s leading lenders in the following groups: Affordable Lenders, Delegated Underwriting and Services (DUS) Lenders, Manufactured Housing Lenders, Senior Housing Lenders and Small Loan Lenders. AEI understands that each of these lending types have a unique underwriting platform in order to meet Fannie Mae’s program.
Fannie Mae standards for these services are based on the American Standards and Testing Measurements (ASTM) and meet the requirements set forth in the Fannie Mae Multifamily Seller/Service Guide.
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (Phase I ESA): AEI’s Phase I ESA meet the requirements of the ASTM E1527-13. All Appropriate Inquiry (AAI) and Fannie Mae DUS Guidelines.
- Physical Needs Assessment (PNA): AEI’s PNA’s meet the ASTM E2018-15 standard as well as Fannie Mae standard and includes completion of the Fannie Mae 4099e and MBA Master Inspection Forms.
- Other environmental considerations such as asbestos sampling, lead-based paint sampling, lead-in-drinking water testing, radon testing, Moisture Management Plans (MMP) and Operation and Maintenance (O&M) Plans to address Asbestos and Lead-Based Paint. While on site for the PNA inspection, our field personnel look for visual evidence of termites or other wood destroying pests.
- Seismic Risk Assessments (SRA): Fannie Mae requirements for a determination of site seismic hazard by searching for the property’s Peak Ground Acceleration (PGA) via a USGS website. AEI’s SRA meets the Fannie Mae guidelines for seismic risk analysis which follows the requirements of the ASTM Standard Guide E2026-16a and ASTM Standard Practice E2557-16a.
- Fannie Mae High Performance Building Module (HPBM): AEI is approved to perform the Fannie Mae HPBM, an energy audit that follows the ASHRAE Level II Guidelines and Fannie Mae Energy Audit Guidelines. The HPBM is a “module” that is an add-on to a Fannie Mae Property Condition Assessment. Qualifying properties may qualify for better pricing and/or additional funding.
- Fannie Mae Streamlined Property Condition Assessment (SPCA): AEI’s reports meet the SPCA requirements and includes an overview on building components Expected Useful Life vs Remaining Useful Life, reserves, MBA rating, and site-specific physical plant, as well as the limited environmental information warning of potential environmental risks.
- Fannie Mae Multifamily Affordable Housing (MAH): This is a newer program as of 2016 allowing smaller properties to have similar tax benefit and underwriting model of larger properties. AEI’s product is similar to the SPCA product, with additional units being inspected during our site visit.
AEI is a leader in assisting Freddie Mac lenders with environmental and engineering due diligence for assessing Freddie Mac transactions for Conventional Senior Housing, Small Balance Loans and Targeted Affordable Housing products. AEI’s reports meet the latest American Standards and Testing Measurements (ASTM) Standard and the requirements set forth in the Freddie Mac Multifamily Seller/Service Guide.
- Limited Phase II Assessments: If elevators are present at the property, based on the age and ownership of the systems, Freddie Mac may require sampling of the oil from the elevator equipment and analyzing it for PCBs. AEI has the testing and sampling experience to meet Freddie Mac’s requirements.
- Property Condition Reports (PCRs): AEI’s PCR’s meet the ASTM E2018-15 standard and Freddie Mac guidelines and includes completion of the Freddie Mac 1105 form.
• Other environmental considerations include asbestos sampling, lead-based paint sampling, lead-in-drinking water testing, radon testing, Moisture Management Plans and Operation and Maintenance (O&M) Plans to address Asbestos, Lead-Based Paint, and PCB-containing equipment.
- Freddie Mac Green Advantage Program: AEI is approved by Freddie Mac to perform ASHRAE Level I and Level II assessments for the Green Advantage Program. This rewards borrowers who improve their properties to save energy or who already have green-certified properties and are looking for new financing. When a commitment is made to reduce energy or water consumption by at least 15%, the borrower may receive better pricing and additional funding.
- Seismic Risk Assessments (SRA): AEI’s SRA meets the Freddie Mac guidelines for seismic risk analysis which follows the requirements of the ASTM Standard Guide E2026-16a and ASTM Standard Practice E2557-16a, and includes completion of the Freddie Mac 1102 Form.
- Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan (SBL) Report: AEI’s reports to meet the SBL requirements include the completion of the Freddie Mac 1104 Form, an overview on building components, Expected Useful Life vs Remaining Useful Life, reserves, MBA rating, and site-specific physical plant, as well as the limited environmental information warning of potential environmental risks.