AEI Consultants (AEI) is a leader in providing environmental consulting and building assessments to help lenders obtain approval for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac financing. AEI is uniquely qualified to perform these assessments as we have the national staffing resources and knowledge to manage end to end solutions anywhere in the United States.
We understand what matters to our clients is responsiveness, timeliness, and helping our clients deliver certainty of execution to their clients.
AEI IS ONE OF THE TOP ASSESSMENT PROVIDERS TO:
- Fannie Mae Affordable Lenders, Delegated Underwriting and Services (DUS) Lenders, Manufactured Housing Lenders, Senior Housing Lenders and Small Loan Lenders
- Freddie Mac Approved Conventional, Targeted Affordable Housing Lenders, Senior Housing Lenders
- Freddie Mac Multifamily Approved Seller/Servicers
- Freddie Mac Small Balance Program Lenders
- Affiliated correspondents, investors, business partners and brokers
Both Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are continually updating their requirements and programs for assessment services, and AEI is in constant communication with each of these agencies to understand and meet these requirements.
AEI IS TRUSTED BY THE HIGHEST-VOLUME PROVIDERS OF FANNIE MAE & FREDDIE MAC FINANCING TO PERFORM:
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
- Property Condition Assessments and Physical Needs Assessments
- Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan (SBL) Reports
- Seismic Risk Analysis Reports (SRA)
- Freddie Mac Green Assessment & Green Assessment Plus
- Fannie Mae High Performance Building Module
- Fannie Mae Streamlined Property Condition Assessments Reports
- Fannie Mae Multifamily Affordable Housing (MAH)
- Zoning Analysis Reports and ALTA Surveys
In terms of volume and staffing size, AEI is one of the nation’s largest service providers in this space qualified to prepare reports to the latest guidelines. In addition, AEI was selected by Fannie Mae to work directly for their Loss Mitigation Assessment team.
Our professionals assess all multifamily property types from high-rise condos to rehabilitated urban properties and
senior living facilities. So, whether your plan is to buy, finance or renovate a building, we have the assessment resources as well as the experience and knowledge to see it through.
AEI clients include the nation’s largest lenders, correspondents and investors. Our company is organized with practice leaders who stay up to date on each of these program requirements. Ordering is centralized around your point of contact to make ordering and obtaining information as simple as possible providing you with best of industry service.
AEI is a leader in assisting Fannie Mae lenders with our service offerings and is approved with the nation’s leading lenders in the following groups: Affordable Lenders, Delegated Underwriting and Services (DUS) Lenders, Manufactured Housing Lenders, Senior Housing Lenders and Small Loan Lenders. AEI understands that each of these lending types have a unique underwriting platform in order to meet Fannie Mae’s program.
Fannie Mae standards for these services are based on the American Standards and Testing Measurements (ASTM) and meet the requirements set forth in the Fannie Mae Multifamily Seller/Service Guide.
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (Phase I ESA): AEI’s Phase I ESA meet the requirements of the ASTM E1527-13. All Appropriate Inquiry (AAI) and Fannie Mae DUS Guidelines.
- Physical Needs Assessment (PNA): AEI’s PNA’s meet the ASTM E2018-15 standard as well as Fannie Mae standard and includes completion of the Fannie Mae 4099e and MBA Master Inspection Forms.
- AEI has plenty of experience to ensure other considerations when working on Fannie Mae projects which may include asbestos sampling, lead-based paint sampling, lead-in-drinking water testing, radon testing, Moisture Management Plans (MMP) and Operation and Maintenance (O&M) Plans to address Asbestos and Lead-Based Paint. While on site for the PNA inspection, our field personnel look for visual evidence of termites or other wood destroying pests.
- Seismic Risk Assessments (SRA): Fannie Mae requirements for a determination of site seismic hazard by searching for the property’s Peak Ground Acceleration (PGA) via a USGS website. AEI’s SRA meets the Fannie Mae guidelines for seismic risk analysis which follows the requirements of the ASTM Standard Guide E2026-16a and ASTM Standard Practice E2557-16a.
- Fannie Mae High Performance Building Module (HPBM): AEI is approved to perform the Fannie Mae HPBM, an energy audit that follows the ASHRAE Level II Guidelines and Fannie Mae Energy Audit Guidelines. The HPBM is a “module” that is an add-on to a Fannie Mae Property Condition Assessment. Qualifying properties may qualify for better pricing and/or additional funding.
- Fannie Mae Streamlined Property Condition Assessment (SPCA): AEI’s reports meet the SPCA requirements and includes an overview on building components Expected Useful Life vs Remaining Useful Life, reserves, MBA rating, and site specific physical plant, as well as the limited environmental information warning of potential environmental risks.
- Fannie Mae Multifamily Affordable Housing (MAH): This is a newer program as of 2016 allowing smaller properties to have similar tax benefit and underwriting model of larger properties. AEI’s product is similar to the SPCA product, with additional units being inspected during our site visit.
AEI is a leader in assisting Freddie Mac lenders with environmental and engineering due diligence for assessing Freddie Mac transactions for Conventional Senior Housing, Small Balance Loans and Targeted Affordable Housing products. AEI’s reports meet the American Standards and Testing Measurements (ASTM) Standard and the requirements set forth in the Freddie Mac Multifamily Seller/Service Guide.
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (Phase I ESA): AEI’s Phase I ESA meets the ASTM E1527-13, All Appropriate Inquiry (AAI) and Freddie Mac guidelines, and includes completion of the Freddie Mac 1103 form.
Limited Phase II Assessments: If elevators are present at the property, based on the age and ownership of the systems, Freddie Mac may require sampling of the oil from the elevator equipment and analyzing it for PCBs. AEI has the testing and sampling experience to meet Freddie Mac’s requirements.
- Property Condition Reports (PCRs): AEI’s PCR’s meet the ASTM E2018-15 standard and Freddie Mac guidelines and includes completion of the Freddie Mac 1105 form.
- AEI has plenty of experience to ensure other considerations when working on Freddie Mac projects which may include asbestos sampling, lead-based paint sampling, lead-in-drinking water testing, radon testing, Moisture Management Plans and Operation and Maintenance (O&M) Plans to address Asbestos, Lead-Based Paint, and PCB-containing equipment.
- Freddie Mac Green Advantage Program: AEI is approved by Freddie Mac to perform ASHRAE Level I and Level II assessments for the Green Advantage Program. This rewards borrowers who improve their properties to save energy or who already have green-certified properties and are looking for new financing. When a commitment is made to reduce energy or water consumption by at least 15%, the borrower may receive better pricing and additional funding.
- Seismic Risk Assessments (SRA): AEI’s SRA meets the Freddie Mac guidelines for seismic risk analysis which follows the requirements of the ASTM Standard Guide E2026-16a and ASTM Standard Practice E2557-16a, and includes completion of the Freddie Mac 1102 Form.
- Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan (SBL) Report: AEI’s reports to meet the SBL requirements include the completion of the Freddie Mac 1104 Form, an overview on building components, Expected Useful Life vs Remaining Useful Life, reserves, MBA rating, and site specific physical plant, as well as the limited environmental information warning of potential environmental risks.
ENERGY REWARDS PROGRAM
Based on experience and a proven track record, AEI Consultants is pre-approved and pre-qualified to perform assessments for government enterprises and agencies allowing you to enjoy the rewards of their Energy Programs. AEI’s team of experienced professionals enables clients to achieve their energy efficiency goals by offering energy performance assessments and energy saving recommendations. Awareness of energy waste will help customers improve the energy performance of their facilities, leading to improvements to the company’s bottom line and ultimately saving significant amounts of energy.
ENERGY AUDITS ASSIST CLIENTS IN OPTIMIZING ENERGY
- Determining how energy is being consumed
- Reducing energy consumption and operating cost
- Complying with new laws / regulations
- Promoting social responsibility by reducing green house gas emissions
- Increasing tenant satisfaction and productivity
FREDDIE MAC GREEN ADVANTAGE PROGRAM
Green Advantage rewards borrowers who improve their properties to save energy — or who already have green certified properties and are looking for new financing.
Choose from Green Up or Green Up Plus. When you commit to reduce energy or water consumption by at least 15%,
in accordance with a Green Assessment or a Green Assessment Plus, you may get better pricing and more funding
to make these enhancements.
AEI Consultants is pre-approved by Freddie Mac to perform ASHRAE Level I and Level II assessments for these
FANNIE MAE HIGH PERFORMANCE BUILDING MODULE PROGRAMS
The Fannie Mae HPBM is an energy audit that follows the ASHRAE Level II Guidelines and Fannie Mae Energy Audit Guidelines. The HPBM is a “module” that is an add-on to a Fannie Mae Property Condition Assessment. The purpose of the energy audit is to establish a utility baseline for the property’s energy and water use and identify energy and water efficiencies that will reduce either energy or water use by a minimum of 15% of the overall baseline.
FANNIE MAE GREEN REWARDS PROGRAM
A Green Mortgage Loan is a mortgage loan secured by a property that:
- has been awarded a current Fannie Mae-recognized Green Building Certification;
- qualifies as a Green Rewards Mortgage Loan; or
- qualifies as a Green Preservation Plus Mortgage Loan, as described in Part IIIB, Chapter 7 of the Guide.
Existing and newly constructed buildings can achieve a Green Building Certification based on established energy efficiency guidelines published by various organizations such as Earthcraft, Energy Star, Green Globes, Greenpoint Rated, LEED and National Green Building Standard.
GREEN REWARDS MORTGAGE LOAN
Energy – or water – efficiency property improvements must project at least a 20% reduction in annual energy or water consumption based on the entire property’s historical annual energy or water consumption.
GREEN PRESERVATION PLUS
The Borrower must use at least 5% of the original principal balance of the Mortgage Loan for either renovations recommended by a Property Conditions Assessment (PCA) with a High Performance Building Module (HPB Module); or energy and water efficiency improvements recommended by a PCA with an HPB Module.
AEI SERVICES OFFERED
- Zoning Analysis Reports (ZAR)
- Fannie/Freddie Zoning Analysis Reports for SBL Lenders: Abbreviated version of the ZAR and does
not include Zoning Verification Letters (ZVL), Certificates of Occupancy or outstanding building and fire
- American Land Title Association (ALTA) Surveys
- Construction Risk Assessments
- Project Status Reports
- Repair Confirmation Reports
- Conceptual Budget Review
- Soil, Soil-Vapor, Indoor Air and Groundwater Investigations
- Vapor Intrusion Assessment and Mitigation
- Human Health and Ecological Risk Assessments
- National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
- Remedial Investigations and Feasibility Studies
- Remediation Design, Installation, Operations and Maintenance
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)