Climate Risk & Resiliency
Climate Risk factors
The factors that can be evaluated using available models include:
- Advanced flood models (beyond FEMA mapping)
- Heat stress (extreme temperatures resulting in increased energy costs)
- Hurricanes and typhoons
- High Wind and Tornado
- Sea level rise
- Water stress (drought-related risks)
- Wildfire risk
Climate Risk Evaluation
Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) with Climate Risk Review
For basic due diligence purposes. The scope of work consists of a typical Phase I ESA in compliance with ASTM E1527 with the additional review of climate risk model information.
Physical Risk Assessment & Adaptation Consulting
Summarizing site-specific climate risk modeling data accompanied by a site inspection of the property to assess property and building characteristics relative to the risk. Specialized offerings include:
- Verification or dispute of insurance underwriting models
- Adaptation consulting for insurance reduction
- Physical Risk Assessment for Industrial Sites with Hazardous Materials or Petroleum Product Storage
- Physical Risk Assessment for Active Remediation Systems (ASTM WK66522 Guide for Remedial Action Resiliency to Climate Impacts)
Facility Condition Assessment with Physical Risk Review & Sustainability Recommendations
Cost estimating relative to projected operational cost increases or other needed adaptations including priorities and capital planning tables for future budgeting and achieving sustainability goals.
Portfolio Physical Climate Risk Vulnerability Assessment
Portfolio-wide review of climate risk data, with a determination of high-risk, moderate-risk, and low risk, accompanied by recommendations for on-site assessment by architects, engineers, or sustainability professionals.
Energy Audit & Sustainability Consulting
Review the site’s current energy usage and propose modifications to meet sustainability and resiliency goals. These services not only support owners and investors, but also lenders who are managing programs that provide preferential terms to borrowers who commit to certain energy or water savings measures.
Property Condition Assessment (PCA) with Climate Risk & Sustainability Review
For due diligence and cost estimating relative to projected operational cost increases or other needed adaptations to meet sustainability and resiliency goals.
This PCA includes:
- Climate Risk: Climate risk review and evaluation of replacement costs with climate change risk in mind
- Review available commissioning or energy audit reports
- Compliance with local audit or commissioning requirements
- Verification of Sustainability certification and certification potential
- Water consumption and cost attributes, including annual water consumption
- Electrical/ Gas Consumption and Cost Attributes
- HVAC and water heater equipment descriptions, age, RUL, fuel source, etc.
- Types of lighting and window descriptions, age, RUL, etc.
- Building Performance Audits (Energy Efficiency)
- Roof (Solar opportunities) and existing solar systems
United States Resilience Council (USRC) Assessment
Assesses building performance with respect to safety, damage, and recovery.