The purpose of AEI’s Zoning Analysis Report (ZAR) is to determine the conforming status of property with respect to local zoning laws. Nonconforming uses, structures and outstanding code violations may result in disruption of income cash flow and property devaluation should the municipality take enforcement action against a property. As such, the need to conduct proper municipal due diligence in connection with a real estate transaction is essential and considered an integral part of the loan & equity underwriting process.
As part of AEI’s ZAR service, we will provide a clear, well-written report illuminating property use, improvements and their compliance with respect to zoning ordinances, as well as the rebuildabilty of the property. The report will include a zoning conformance letter from the municipality, a report of any zoning, building or fire code violations, and a Certificate of Occupancy.
The significant components of our Zoning Analysis Reports are:
- Property Use
- Setbacks & Height
- Bulk density & Floor Area Ratio (FAR) Restrictions
- Parking Requirements
- Right to Rebuild
- Potential Code Violations
AEI’s full time, dedicated staff will handle all steps of the zoning investigation process:
- Request information from the municipalities’ Zoning, Building and Fire Departments
- Complete the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) requirements
- Request the Zoning Conformance Letter
- Obtain and review the zoning ordinances, maps and ALTA survey
- Prepare the Zoning Analysis Report, including all information and Zoning Conformance Letter acquired from the Municipality