AEI Consultants has the services to investigate, understand, and manage environmental risks. Our nationwide network of experienced geologists, engineers, and scientists will develop the right scope of work to investigate existing or potential environmental concerns. AEI‘s nationwide network can perform investigations to determine the nature and extent of contamination in vapor, surface water, soil and/or groundwater at your property. We have experience using the most up-to-date investigation and analytical methods, using flexible investigation methods and mobile laboratories when appropriate.
AEI understands that you are looking for the most value for the investigation performed, and we work to perform the minimum investigation to get answers to the environmental concerns at your property. Therefore, we work to scope investigations to obtain the necessary information with a limited number of samples and locations. As a strong client advocate with regulatory agencies we negotiate to find quickest path towards closure.
Regulatory concern and focus in investigations are constantly evolving. AEI is in close contact with regulatory agencies and industry groups to stay on the leading edge of evolving investigation methods and environmental concerns.
The purpose of the Subsurface Investigation is to determine if significant environmental impacts exist that may warrant corrective action or remediation. Subsurface investigations can include collecting soil vapor, soil, and/or groundwater samples at your property.
Properties that are recommended for subsurface investigations may commonly include the current and historical use of the property or nearby properties for:
- Dry cleaning operations
- Printing Operations
- Manufacturing and Industrial Purposes
- Gasoline Dispensing and Service Stations
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) and Aboveground storage tank
- Hazardous material storage, and,
- Oil and Gas production, etc.
The process may include:
- A review of readily available regulatory data and historic site investigative information,
- Third-party review of previous investigative reports prepared by others.
- Evaluation and determination of probable contaminants of concern
- The collection for analyses of soil, groundwater, surface water and soil gas samples as designed for your particular transaction or purpose
- The interpretation and evaluation of site geology, soils and groundwater characteristics
- The evaluation of analytical data and the comparison of regulatory standards
- Evaluation of the flow direction of groundwater and its availability as a drinking water source.
- Contaminant Fate and Transport Modeling
- Risk Assessment and Exposure pathway evaluation of the migration of contaminants relative to ecological and human health receptors
Once the results are received, AEI’s experienced consultants will assess and interpret the results to determine next steps regarding whether additional investigative activities, temporary mitigation and/or remediation are warranted. Reporting to the client can be designed to include the results of the subsurface investigation any recommendations and the anticipated associated costs.